ORGAN FUN FACTS
DID YOU KNOW?
- If you stacked all the organ pipes end to end, they would reach 1.58 miles (or 8,342 feet) -- the height of almost 6 Empire State Buildings!
- Length of the smallest pipe: 5 mm (0.1968504 inches), smaller than a pencil.
- Length of tallest pipe: 9.8 meters (about 32 feet).
- Amount of beer that would fit into the biggest pipe: 1,509.2 liters (or about 399 gallons).
- Total length of all the wires in the organ console: 5.16 miles.
- The organ, including its moveable organ chamber, weighs approximately 174 tons and is believed to be the heaviest movable object in any theater in the world.